Tasman Bay is a haven for craftsman including artists, sculptors, wood turners and potters who are keen to show their work in their studios and art galleries.
The wonderful climate of Nelson and Tasman means that wine tasting of world class wines at the many local vineyards is an ideal way to spend a few hours of a day.
Within walking distance or a 5-minute drive
- Coffee or lunch at New Zealand's award winning funky Jester House Café or 10 minutes drive to one of the excellent award winning Mapua cafes.
- Golf at Tasman Golf Club with its magical sea views.
- Safe swimming beaches, stroll to Kina Beach.
- Wine tasting and vineyard visits - why not enjoy a wine tasting at Kina Cliffs Vineyard.
- Walking - stroll along the beach.
- Biking - cycle into Motueka and enjoy the coastal cycle path.
- Artists' studios and galleries.
- Boating & kayaking.
- Fishing and bird watching.
- Boat ramp.
Local dairy, selling fresh home made cakes, bread, croissants, milk, eggs and award winning coffee
Within 10 minutes' drive
The township of Motueka with:
- Shops &, restaurants, cafés, cinemas and museum.
- 18-hole golf course and mini golf
- Kayaking, jet boating, fishing
- Skydiving, gliding, microlight flying, aerial acrobatics
- Horse trekking
- 4 x 4 Motorbike adventures
- Roadside fruit stalls where you can buy locally grown fruit & vegetables
Motueka Sunday Market for produce and arts and crafts
Within 30-40 minutes' drive
- Kaiteriteri with its golden sandy beaches; water sports and water taxi service to Abel Tasman National Park.
- Marahau - gateway to the Abel Tasman National Park - from where you can walk in to the Abel Tasman National Park or catch a water taxi to one of the beautiful sandy beaches or Awaroa inlet.
- Rabbit Island - where you can walk for miles along soft sandy beaches.
- Nelson City with its many attractions, including Nelson Cathedral and the World of Wearable Arts Museum. Wander around South Street with its art & pottery studios or just soak up the cafe culture in Trafalgar Street and watch the world go by.
- Nelson Airport is an easy 40 minute drive from Almyra at Kina, with direct domestic flights to our major cities.
- Play golf at one of 5 golf courses in the area.
- Visit Ngarua Caves on Takaka Hill or the pure fresh water of the Resurgence.
- Enjoy a wine or bicycle tour in Nelson. We recommend Velo Vino.
Within 1-2 hours' drive:
- Explore the dramatic landscape of the mountains of Kahurangi National Park or the Rainbow Ski fields and lakes of Nelson Lakes National Park.
- Visit Golden Bay with its beautiful sandy beaches and the famous fresh water springs at Te Waikoropupu (Pupu) Springs or catch some fresh salmon for your dinner at Anatoki Salmon Farm.
- Visit Farewell Spit & Puponga Farm Park and take a Farewell Spit Eco tour or Cape Farewell Horse Trek or a guided nature tour. For the more adventurous take a Remote Adventure Scenic Flight to view the Heaphy Track and Lord of the Rings Sites.
- Wharariki Beach on the Whareriki Beach on the West coast with its amazing windswept sand dunes.
- Enjoy coffee or lunch at the Naked Possum cafe with its outdoor fire & eco tannery & possum shop, at the entrance to the Kaituna Walking Track.
"I can't believe Nelsonians get to wake up in this amazing paradise every morning" Sir Ian McKellen (Gandalf, Lord Of The Rings)